AND THEN THERE WAS PEACE..
What is Peace?
Peace is when people are able to resolve their conflicts without violence and can work together to improve the quality of their lives. Peace is when:
– everyone lives in safety, without fear or threat of violence, and no form of violence is tolerated in law or in practice
– everyone is equal before the law, the systems for justice are trusted, and fair and effective laws protect people’s rights
– everyone is able to participate in shaping political decisions and the government is accountable to the people
– everyone has fair and equal access to the basic needs for their wellbeing – such as food, clean water, shelter, – education, healthcare and a decent living environment
– everyone has an equal opportunity to work and make a living, regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other aspect of identity.
Comments are closed